Grilled Pheasant Breast & Fire Roasted Avocado Pesto
Posted on April 27 2015
- 4 Pheasant Breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 large Avocados (firm)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 box linguine pasta
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your grill to med-high heat.
2. Season pheasant breasts with 1/2 tablespoon cracked pepper, crushed garlic, sea salt & dried basil.
3. Grill pheasant breasts for 5 minutes each side.
4. Once pheasant is fully cooked remove from heat and let rest.
5. Slice avocados in half and remove the seeds.
Next, slice avocados length wise 1/2 inch slices leaving skin on.
6. Brush on olive oil and place on grill.
7. Grill each side 1-2 minutes using spatula to flip.
Careful your avocados will burn if you leave them on to long.
8. Remove from heat and let sit.
9. Cook pasta according to package, rinse and coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
Fire Grilled Avocado Pesto :
1. Remove skin from avocados, add four out of the five avocados into food processor or blender.
2. Next Combine basil, garlic, remaining pepper, parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup olive oil into food processor or blender,
blend till desired consistency.
Creating the dish :
1. Taking a large skillet add remaining olive oil, 3 cloves chopped garlic, baby spinach and cherry tomatoes.
Sauté over medium Heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add pasta to spinach mixture, continue cooking and stirring additional 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and toss in avocado pesto.
4. Plate pasta and finish with sliced pheasant breasts and remaining avocados.
Follow Jeremiah on Facebook @ facebook.com/Fromfieldtoplate
More Recipes @ fromfieldtoplate.wordpress.com