Quick Smoked Venison Pepperoni:
- 3.5 lbs venison
- 1 lb pork fat
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon #1 Instacure
- Cut the venison and pork into cubes, then grind it through the medium plate of your sausage grinder.
- Create a paste with the milk powder, ice water
- Mix all the spices in a small container.
- Add the add cure, milk mixture and spice combination to the meat and mix it thoroughly, by hand (keep your meat cold)
- Stuff the sausage into casings and refrigerate for 12-24 hours to let the flavors combine well. Leave two links combined so you can hang in smoker.
- Smoke your pepperonis until the internal temperature reaches 152 degrees F.
- Remove from smoker and cool to 41 degrees.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
Preheat your oven to 450F
In glass bowl dissolve yeast with sugar in warm water, allow to become frothy and creamy about 10 minutes.
Mix in flour, salt and oil, mix until dough forms.
Allow to rest 5 minutes
Turn dough on floured cutting board and pat and roll into ball. Next flatten out and create your crust.
Transfer to greased pizza pan.
Top with your favorite topping and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted
Follow Jeremiah on Facebook @ facebook.com/Fromfieldtoplate
More Recipes @ fromfieldtoplate.wordpress.com